Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Chicken Parmesan

1 pkg. chicken breasts
1 box Italian Shake and Bake
1 pound pasta (I use egg noodles or last night I used the tube ones)
2 small cartons whipping cream
1 jar pasta sauce (or you can make your own)
cheese

Pound out chicken breasts if they are too thick. You can have them as thick or thin as you like. I try to make sure they are at least big enough to cover a 9 x 13 dish. Coat with shake and bake. I generally use the whole box for this recipe. Brown in olive oil in a skillet. Set aside.

Cook pasta according to directions on box. Pour in the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish. Pour whipping cream over the pasta. Grind pepper over the pasta to taste. I also sprinkle dried onion flakes over the top of it, as well. Place chicken breasts over pasta covering as much of the pan as possible. Pour marinara sauce over the top.

Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350.

Uncover and cover with cheese. I usually use a mixture of Italian, Parmesan, and Mozzarella. Bake uncovered for another 30 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly.

No comments: