Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Pork Chops with Salsa Beans

I came across this recipe in a Pillsbury cookbook and modified a bit for us.

  • 2 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops; 1/2" thick (I use boneless)
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 1/2 cup Salsa (recipe calls for chunky - I used Kroger brand picante)
  • 16 oz baked bean; undrained (I used Bush's Country Style)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Mix corn, salsa, and beans. Season one side of pork chops with salt and pepper. Put seasoned side down on top of bean mixture. Overlap as necessary and press gently into beans. Season remaining side of pork chops with salt and pepper.

Cover. Cook on Low 4 to 5 hours.

OPTIONAL: Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork chops. Place in skillet. Cook 2-4 minutes or until browned on both sides. Obviously I skipped this step since it is just something else to clean and it is not needed.

No comments: