1 lb. ground chicken
2-4 ozs. pureed vegetables (optional; can be any kind)
1-2 eggs mixed with a little water
1 cup or more flour
1 cup or more bread crumbs (seasoned are fine)
ground pepper to taste
1/4 tsp thyme
1 tbls parsley
- preheat oven to 375
- line a cookie sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray
- Mix ground chicken, vegetables if using, ground pepper to taste, thyme and parsley. If using pureed veggies you may need to add some bread crumbs to mixture to thicken/ Do not overwork mixture.
- Put each ingredient in a separate bowl: flour, egg (well beaten with a little water) and bread crumbs
- Use a tablespoon to measure out each nugget, roll into a rough ball. Dip in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Place each on cookie sheet, spaced by about 1/2 inch, and repeat.
- Before placing in oven, squash each nugget gently with a fork to flatten and shape.
- Bake for about 10 minutes a side.Recipe will yield about 30 nuggets, more if you add veggies.
- Can be frozen and reheated